[Wolves] LugRadio

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 10:30:33 GMT 2003

Okeydoke, following a good evening last night, I woke up with a garlic
mouth but also the seeds of an idea for LugRadio.

Feature name: Stallville

Basic premise: We know much of the father of free software's life since he
went to the big city (Cambridge, Mass) but what of his small town origins
in Stallville? The Stallville feature will follow the adventures of the
young Richard Stallman, showing how a seemingly ordinary young farm boy
handled every day situations, before taking on his RMS alter-ego.

Characters:

Richard Stallman - our hero. Through his encounters with everyday, teenage
situations, we see how he discovers his true identity as a free software
superhero.

Ma and Pa Stallman - ordinary, honest, hard working, American farmers.
Their moral rectitude provides a background to the development of their
son, who they know is destined to be different.

Bill "Willy" Gates - Stallman's best friend. We see how the two friends
who, altho' from very different backgrounds, remain firm friends,
overcoming the differences between their two families. Eventually, they'll
travel different paths.

Old Man Gates - the evil owner of Gatescorp, whose businesses dominate
Stallville. He tries to influence his son to follow the evil path. He
knows Stallman's secret and holds a reserve of Patentite - the strange,
green substance that renders Stallman powerless.

Anyway, if anyone has any further ideas, let's develop them here and write
the first in a series of sketches that we can record chez Jono!

Matt.