[Wolves] defrag

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 19:32:30 GMT 2003

Thanks. thats really helpful.

I do have one more question: Anyone used or is using the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 motherboard under Linux?? I have checked SuSE's website and according to their hardware database it is partially supported but they don't say which part is not supported. Although I would prefer to use this motherboard, its cousin the GA-7N400 is supported, anyone had experience with it??

I have accepted the challenge and my New Year's resolution is to switch over to Linux asap! And so I will!

My next email will be from SuSE 9 using the Live CD!!! speak to you shortly!!

Mo

sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 18:51, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Why is that? What if there is a bad sector on the hard drive that
> needs to be "ignored"?
fsck (the butt of many jokes) will sort out any problems you have. This
will run on boot whenever the system believes it needs to.

man fsck will give you the everso helpful (not) man pages if you want to
run it yourself.

unless you believe you have a problem there is no need to fsck yourself
as linux filesystems generally look after themselves.

sparkes