[Wolves] linux+wifi+community=?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Dec 23 20:41:32 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 20:30, Lee Parkes wrote:
> Hi,
> Just thinking out loud (read: talking to myself :) about Linux, WiFi and
> Community projects. Is there any interest in doing anything for any groups
> around the local area? I'm thinking along the lines of they provide hardware and
> the LUG provides the experience/enthusiasm/knowledge to solve whatever problem
> they have.

I was thinking about starting a community wireless network using donated
hardware to setup a community wide intranet.

Over at www.a2rt.org a couple of lug members are collecting donated
hardware and planning lots of community based stuff based around the
access space model (www.lowtech.org no wait access.lowtech.org).  James
from lowtech dropped by and had a chat with us all about the things they
do.

If anyone wants to help me take the community intranet idea further get
in touch with me.  If you have any  ideas that could help a2rt drop
steve a line on info at a3rt.org ;-)

back to Lee's idea, the lug will share the knowledge we have for any
members of the community who are interested in linux or open computing.
If you have any more ideas chuck em into the hat and we can all help.

> Lee
sparkes (the other lug Parkes)