[Wolves] Thanks - networking linux to router

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 21:35:44 GMT 2003

Hi Sparkes

Good luck with the job applications, if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Mo

sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 14:57, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> I also read the reports with interest as I work for Social Services
> and as you know we have a lot to do with the NHS, how will they
> progress e-government business with different systems? I don't
> understand why they will not listen. Wouldn't it be a better and
> cheaper solution to go with Open Source?

didn't the government publish a whitepaper that says that governement
agencies should always use an open source solution when one is
available?

I know Sun are pushing star/open office and java desktop to the
government (I think this is what the NHS are going with?)

I hope this wakes up whoever is reading my CV after christmas cos I have
applied for jobs in Wolves and Walsall NHS trusts over the last couple
of weeks ;-)

sparkes