[Wolves] PHP/mySQL persistant connection or not?

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Mon Dec 29 16:05:46 GMT 2003

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Just a quick question: persistant mySQL connections in PHP, or not?
>
> I'm working on my little content management project and it's all coming
> along nicely but I still can't decide whether I should be using persistant
> connections to mySQL or not. Any thoughts?

I tend to avoid persistent connections to DBs, because it's something
else that can break and requires you to connect to the server and start
them up again. Building a connection every go is slower, but it's not
likely to cause a major problem unless you're getting hit a lot, and
frankly none of us are running Yahoo or anything :)

Big caveat: I use neither PHP nor MySQL, so anything I say might be
wrong or out of date.

Aq.

--
"Wow," Villig said on re-entry. "It's all still here. The sky, the
earth, all that stuff. Cool. And no snakes."