[Wolves] All your 2.6 kernel are belong to us

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Dec 31 06:54:44 GMT 2003

nux at blueyonder.co.uk spoo'd forth:
> When compiling the 2.6 kernel, does it detect the system it's in and
only ask for things it's not sure of, or, does it need pointing at
everything?
> I tried to compile the source code for 2.6 that Sparkes got for me,
and it was asking a lot of questions I have NO idea how to answer.

You have to tell it stuff, since otherwise you couldn't compile a
kernel on machine X that would eventually run on machine Y. YOu might
want to read up on the 2.4 -> 2.6 transition, make oldconfig, and
similar subjects here...

Aq.

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything!
I'll ask about Exchange Server next.