[Wolves] K - menu in Suse 8.1 with KDE.

trog wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 6 11:25:01 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:03 am, you wrote:
> OK, it is not a K-menu in Suse 8.1; it is a Start Application menu with a
> sort of cog-like icon. It has items attached to it. But I can't for the
> life of me find the logical structure for this menu and the submenues. I
> did RTFM. KDE help says:
>
> To add your favorite programs to the KDE menu, you can use the KDE Menu
> Editor. To start it, use the application starter and choose System->Menu
> Editor.
>
> This doesn't appear in Suse 8.1.

It does in mine.  Right click on the suse icon (the theme I loaded displays
this as green icon with a circle and wavey line in it) and menu editor
appears.  If you then add items to the suse menu, they appear on the popup.
The file ~.kde/share/config/kickerrc is a good one to look at to determine
the very logical menu structure.
--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)