[Wolves] LinuxUser & Developer Expo 2003 at the NEC

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 7 13:31:01 2003

>From: Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com>

>--- Si Griffiths <info@a2rt.org> wrote:
> > Looks like the Linux Expo at the NEC's back on
> > again, 15th & 16th April to be specific
> > and its sponsored by LinuxUser & Developer (who're
> > nowhere near as good as Linux
> > Format :D )
> >
> > anyone know anything about the people who're
> > organising it, what their track record is
> > etc?? who's gonna go?? Personally I fancy doing a
> > recycled tech/linux stall or
> > something, if anyone's interested in joining in??
>
>I am alledgedly going to the KDE booth, but it is not
>confirmed.
>
>I will believe it when I see it... ;)

Just contact the publisher of linuxuser (maggie meer) and ask for a .org
stand.

kde.org -> get a .org stand arranged -> get KDE to send you freebies and
stuff

a2rt.org -> get a .org stand -> print some flyers and plan your installation
(I can help on the day - hopefully)

Debian have arranged one and linuxuser have offered to do some printing for
them so I would take it the offer is open to all underfunded .org ideas and
a2rt is definatly underfunded.

SB lug are looking into arranging a stand of their own so perhaps we could
arrange that we join them and make it a LUG.org.uk stand and grab the
funkier clientelle off them ;-)

sparkes

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059