[Wolves] Smoothwall

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Feb 12 16:31:01 2003

Jono Bacon spoo'd forth:
> 2. Does smoothwall have an automatic updating system
> such as apt included so it remains up to date and
> secure?

No, but the smoothwall people release "updates", which you download to
a machine and then upload to the Smoothwall box through the web
interface.

> 3. Is setting up the firewall rules a difficult
> procedure to administer?

Wasn't for me, but mine says: block everything, port forward port 22 to
giles. I don't think it will be for more complex rules.

> 4. Is port forwarding included with smoothwall?

Yes.

Aq.

--
Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads