[Wolves] Fw: Hi and Linux Sys Config

Ron Wellsted wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 22:38:00 2003

On Saturday 15 Feb 2003 9:36 pm, Robert Smith wrote:
> Hi

Hi

The Cricket book? (or try http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html or a mirror)

> 2a) Anyone got any ideas of read/write nfs access with Debian as mine is
> read-only even with /etc/exports having lines such as /my_docs 10.1.0.1
> (rw,no_root_squash

This will export to the machine at 10.1.0.1 only, try 10.1.0. (yes it should
be a trailing dot!) for the entire subnet (assuming a /24). I use DNS and my
/etc/export looks like:

/home/common	*.home.wellsted.org.uk(rw,no_root_squash)
/home/ron	*.home.wellsted.org.uk(rw)

> 2b) again with nfs, mine spills out loads of crap when you exportfs about
> sync and async or summut (need more info?) and ideas?

A copy of the messages may help.

> 3) Is it possible to turn off the mass of sh*t that debian spits out
> everytime you login??
>
> 4) imap mail, which client is the best, uw-imapd, cyrus or courier. I need
> pop3 access to parts of the imap dir structure, imap was used last time
> someone configed my sys.

The ones you have listed are the servers.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk