[Wolves] smoothwall problems

info@a2rt.org wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 12:36:03 2003

hi peeps

Me and si have said to friends of earth we will sort them a router/firewal=
so they can have internet on all their machines

We reconfigured out old router for dial up modem, and it seemed to install=

fine=2E=20
It's set up as DHCP, but we can't ping between router and mandrake box and=

vice versa, says host unreachable=2E=20
We've set the gateway properly to the router (192=2E168=2E0=2E1), broadcas=
t is
255=2E255=2E255=2E0 and the range of IP is set from 192=2E168=2E0=2E100 - =
192=2E168=2E0=2E200

The router worked previously when it was using ASDL so we know the cards
are working, and we've changed the cables=2E=2E=2Echanged from using a hub=
coaxial cable=2E=2Eand are a bit stuck!=20

any help appreciated as i'm sure its something really obvious :-)

steve

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E