[Wolves] smoothwall problems

info@a2rt.org wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 16:21:02 2003

Hmm! Its working now=2E Haven't got a clue why! We changed from using dhcp=
static IP and it still wouldn't work=2E=2E=2E IFCONFIG showed the right IP=
 for
both and route -n showed the correct gateway=2E  =20

Then we mistakenly started drakgw (which configures a machine as a
gateway)and stopped it halfway ,  we noticed that the light had come on on=

the hub=2E=2E=2Eran ifconfig and discovered that the IP was set to somethi=
ng odd
like 192=2E168=2E1=2E1=2E

Changed it 192=2E168=2E0=2E2 and then we could ping smoothwall!

Also we noticed that the broadcast address were different for smoothwall
(192=2E168=2E0=2E255) and the mandrake box (192=2E168=2E1=2E255) -  i woul=
d have
thought this would have caused some problems, but there you go :-) Glad it=
working but it would be nice to know why :-)

Anway tommorrow we have to get it working with some Windows boxes - should=

be fun ;-) =20

steve

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E