[Wolves] iptables & apt-get

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 27 14:18:01 2003

Old Dan spoo'd forth:
> All *seems* well - I've done an extensive script and we've not had too
> many problems with the server since I implemented it - I just have one
> problem, apt-get.
>
> I've tried ACCEPTing all the relevant ports on the INPUT chain I can
> think of - 80, 8080, 21, 53....  Nothing.  Nada.  Konqueror run locally,
> though, works a charm.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?  I'll post the script if people want...

Am I being thick here? apt-get just doesn't work? Is Konqueror using a
proxy server rather than direct connection? Try w3m or something and
see if that works. (Also, if you've set up a HTTP_PROXY envar in your
.bashrc or something, it won't be there when you apt-get as root.)

Aq.

--
>> Heard a lot about eggnog, but I have never experienced it
>>first-hand. What is this thing made off?
> Isn't it obvious? Eggs and nog, of course.
Don't pay any attention to him, Sid. It's eggs, *sugar*, and nog.
           -- Jason <jbeasley@primary.net> on rec.humor.oracle.d