[Wolves] Mailing lists and web forums

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:14:00 2003

--- Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org> wrote:
> God, no, don't do that. You don't have to know how
> to write to the database;
> PHPNuke already knows that better than anyone.
> Instead, the script pretends
> to be a web browser and posts the message to the web
> form on the website.
> That way we never have to change the script if the
> Nuke crew change their
> db...

Hmmm interesting idea. I initially thought what Lee
did about going straight to the DB. I suppose we can
use the forms...I am not entirely sure how - I suppose
the variables could be passed on the query string to
the normal form action.

As for if the PHPNuke guys change anything, arnt we
forking their code anyway? Particularly if sparkes
goes ina nd removes the <form> tags. ;)

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/