[Wolves] Mailing lists and web forums

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:32:00 2003

Jon Farmer spoo'd forth:
> Presumably if they change the DB schema then they almost certainly would
> change the HTML which would break your script in a lot of cases. I would
> suggest it would be much better in the long run to write a custom module for
> PHPNuke to do the job you require.

How would said module be invoked? I mean, all we have to do is parse a load
of variables out of the mail (poster, body, In-Reply-To, etc) and convert
them into a single HTTP POST request. Even if they totally change the HTML,
it's not hard to change a few fieldnames in the POST. Writing a PHPNuke
module (a) ties us to Nuke and (b) sounds a lot harder to *me*. Besides,
it's non-RESTful. ;)

I'm also unclear how you'd invoke this custom module from the command line,
but I'm sure that that's just lack of knowledge on my part rather than
because it can't be easily done :)

Aq.

--
Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads