[linux] Re: [Wolves] RH8 and php3

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 15:19:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 22:43, Jono Bacon wrote:
> --- Wayne Morris <wayne@machx.co.uk> wrote:
> > As far as I can see php is working, mysql is working
> > , but I get the
> > page source on trying to view a php3 page.
>
> First things first...dont use PHP3, PHP4 is available
> - I suggest you use it.

The only thing I have that uses it is PhpMyAd, its a recent download but
still in php3

> The problem you are having is that Apache has not been
> configured to use PHP. In /etc/apache/httpd.conf you
> can uncomment the lines:
>
>   LoadModule php4_module
> /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

Not in my RH8 conf, and if you add it, it says already loaded and
crashes httpd.

>  #AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
>     #AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
>     #
>     # And for PHP 4.x, use:
>     #
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Then restart Apache and you are sorted. :D

These didn't make any diff, so on my lappy I added mysql, apache and php
at the same time and php3 now works, but it doesn't like some custome
php stuff off the net - modules for phpnuke called zClassifieds.

On my webserver I gave up and have put 7.2 back on and everything worked
first time incl php3 and the phpnuke modules.

Bloody rh8, pretty to look at but a pain to configure.

Thanks anyway

Wayne