[Wolves] Webserver samba configuration

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 19:37:01 2003

Hi All,

When I used to run as root I didn't have a problem with this but I'm not
sure how to proceed running as a user.

Webserver box (7.2 RH), want to Samba share entire directory so I can
alter it from my laptop.

If I run my laptop as root, I can smbmount the web directory and have
full access to it. (Logging on using webserver password).

If I then log off laptop and log on as user I can view files but not
change or upload.

If I just try to smbmount whilst as user, I get
"smbmnt must be installed suid root for direct user mounts (500,500)
smbmnt failed: 1"

So where do I go from here?

As far as permissions are concerned, the files in /html should all
belong to apache? so how can they also belong to the user?
Or does chmod 777 them all allow access to both apache and samba user?

Wayne

--
Wayne Morris <wayne@machx.co.uk>