[Wolves] How do I install this?

steve parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 12:43:02 2003

>From: "Simon Howes" <howesey@blargoc.co.uk>
>To: <wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk>
>Subject: [Wolves] How do I install this?
>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:36:28 -0000
>

>http://www.perlfect.com/freescripts/search/readme.shtml
>
>Umm, telnet, how do I use it, how do I log into the FTP?  How do I tell
>it to do those commands?

ftp
open server.domain.tld then login (using username and password I assume you
already have)

to upload stuff just 'put filename'

or download one the the hundreds of ftp clients from tucows that make the
whole thing look just like windows explorer

telnet server.domain.tld then login
then cd whateverdirectory

and follow the instructions that say

perl setup.pl

then

perl indexer.pl

>BTW, I'm in Windows 2000 here.  Sorry no LINUX, but I can't be bothered
>to install it and find the modem drivers again.

telnet and ftp work the same way in doze and linux it's a tcp thing

alternativly give http://www.mnogosearch.ru/ mnogosearch a go.  Support for
it can be built into php and the if the indexer is run from a cron job at a
light time of the day that doesn't cause to many problems.  It will search
basically any document type you use (with external filters) and is dam quick
to search as well.

advert over

sparkes