more about meeting location was Re: [Wolves] PHP

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 15:18:00 2003

>From: Dan <djones9960@btinternet.com>
>I can't believe it's taken me *this* long to try using PHP seriously.

TAlking of which I gotta have a play with python to see if all the fuss is
justified

>PHP rulezzz.  That's all I can say.

I felt that way too when I first used php and before that with both perl and
C.  I guess if a language 'clicks' with you it's cool and those that don't
suck.  It's a very subjective.

>BTW I've heard the Newhampton Inn mentioned as an alternative meeting place
>to the Moon.  It has nice reasonably-priced beer, no (well, very few if
>any) yobs and it has meeting rooms.  On the downside it's the opposite side
>of town from the bus station and it can get quite busy in there.

The Newhampton? --- Waaaaaaayyyyyyy to far --- the pie factory is not that
much farther out of town ;-)

If the Clarendon was dumped as an idea because of Geography then the
newhampton is definitly a none starter

I think it was Ron that suggested upstairs at the Prince Albert and that is
even closer to public transport than we are now.  Although us pretty boys
might get a few unwanted offers but if Aq and jono can stand it so can i ;-)

May I suggest the Giffard Arms?  Not to sure if that has a gay following at
the moment but it is a cool pub and has a room upstairs as well (or it used
too it might have gone the same way as the one at the pie factory)

sparkes