[Wolves] cor! Knoppix is rather good isn't it?

Steve Crozier wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 22:19:01 2003

i think ad recently sent a mail about how cool Knoppix is, and he's damn
right. I eventually got round to giving it a go and I can't believe how fast
it is, how good the hardware detection, and how well configured the default
menu options are. The choice of software is huge and spot on, but due to the
intelligent menu layout its not overkill. I particularly like how it has tiny
browsers like dillo included, whilst also stuff like Sodipodi, a fairly
cutting edge vector graphics app.

Look forward to seeing what you've made rob :-)

whilst we're on about live cds, anyone had a go on http://www.dynebolic.org/ ?
It wouldn't work with my lappy due to some X issues, but i'd be interested in
seeing how it works..

ste