[Wolves] cor! Knoppix is rather good isn't it?

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 5 00:14:01 2003

Hi Steve,

Knoppix really does rock the bollocks, and I have only
ever heard great reviews of it. I am gonna download
the latest version - the last one I tried is a few
months back.

It is also cool to see that the project has sorted
themselves out with a decent site and things. It was
for a while a pretty crap webpage and looked rather
unprofessional.

  Jono

--- Steve Crozier <info@a2rt.org> wrote:
> i think ad recently sent a mail about how cool
> Knoppix is, and he's damn
> right. I eventually got round to giving it a go and
> I can't believe how fast
> it is, how good the hardware detection, and how well
> configured the default
> menu options are. The choice of software is huge and
> spot on, but due to the
> intelligent menu layout its not overkill. I
> particularly like how it has tiny
> browsers like dillo included, whilst also stuff like
> Sodipodi, a fairly
> cutting edge vector graphics app.
>
> Look forward to seeing what you've made rob :-)
>
> whilst we're on about live cds, anyone had a go on
> http://www.dynebolic.org/ ?
> It wouldn't work with my lappy due to some X issues,
> but i'd be interested in
> seeing how it works..
>
> ste

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Web Developer - Musician - Writer - Freelancer