[Wolves] cor! Knoppix is rather good isn't it?

Chris Owen wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jul 7 13:28:00 2003

I'm rather hoping to have more luck with Knoppix than I have just had
trying to run Morphix (Linux Format cover disk) on my works laptop
(Compaq Pentium III).  Booted up fine, recognised hardware, got the GUI
up, but no interaction between it and either the mouse or keyboard, in
or out of the docking station.  As a newbie, that's me stuffed, which is
really rather disappointing - since it was the possibility of being able
to run a non-invasive Linux distro on my work machine (where for obvious
reasons, loading a proper partitioned distro would be severely frowned
upon, if not downright impossible) that had excited me about Morphix and
Knoppix (the latter I have on order from Cheeplinux).  I recall someone
else posting and saying they had similar problems with mouse
recognition?  Any solutions out there that I would understand?

Chris Owen
Senior Intelligence Analyst
West Midlands Regional Observatory
0121 202 3246