[Wolves] E-Commerce and Streaming Media

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 03:51:00 2003

--- James Turner <jamesfturner@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> (1) An e-commerce web site for mail ordering of
> cosmetics/hair care products
> (No particularly unusual requirements that I am
> aware of at present).

One option is osCommerce (http://www.oscommerce.com/),
which I have not played around with. This is on my
roster of things mess around with. I am sure there are
some other options available, and of course the final
option is coding it manually.

> (2) A site providing one or two streaming video
> clips, of which the typical
> duration is likely to be of the order of a few
> minutes. The clips are
> unlikely to change much once the site is developed
> ("guided tours" of company
> premises/facilities).

I suppose the option here is Real/Helix, Windows
Streaming media etc. Another option is just putting
the files on the server and letting the user download
the files to their client. A final option is providing
3D walkthrough's - Blender has a web plugin for this.
There is also Quicktime VR of course for 3D views.

> PS: We may be looking for web designers or
> developers to help out with these
> projects. Anyone interested?

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can do some web design/development
mainly with PHP, although I do code in ASP also. :)

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Web Developer - Musician - Writer - Freelancer