[Wolves] short meet report

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 2 13:06:00 2003

>Those who fought through the crowds were, myself
>(fizz), Ron, Aq, Jono, Chris (savvy), Re-load, Jayne,
>Adam, Rob, Lee, James, Matt R, Dan and Peter. I
>probably forgot someone, sorry!
>Regulars who were missing in action, presumed dead
>were sparkes and Simon.

MIA Report
Gardening, Wales (in spirit), Celebrating, Hang Over, Celebrating, Wales(in
person - guest house), Wales(17th century farmhouse), Wales(17th century
farmhouse), Wales (driving through) 1000 more miles on the clock and very
happy to make it make to the real world.

bb next meeting ;-)

>The evening started off in a traditional fashion, Jono
>and Aq had an argument.  The debate started with a
>discussion of tables vs divs, but spewed, as most LUG
>discussions do, into general ranting and abuse.  Aq
>came out of the discussion claiming victory, and Jono
>promised that if his Ludo Log got slashdotted, he
>would convert the site to divs.

Tables are for tabular data and nothing else!!!!

Repeat several times over adding concerns about non-tradional browsers and
insulting jono's parentage while he insults mine.

This should add what would have happened if I was their.  virtual lug
meetings are cool, no queues at the bar ;-)

>The discussion moved onto the ever optimistic Peter
>telling us that lug radio would never happen, and if
>it did, no one would listen.  Which was met with jeers
>from Matt who promised it would happen.  Only time
>will tell...
Until the arrival of Matt Peter was the least apathetic person in the lug.
At least he does something - he says our ideas and are pie in the sky and
won't happen and so far he has a 100% hit rate ;-)

>For the remainder of the evening, the LUG broke into
>political converstaion.  Mainly trying to classify
>peoples political viewpoints and discussion of
>alternatives to the main political parties
>(www.noneoftheaboveuk.org - i could really do with
>someone who can draw pretty pictures and make stuff
>look nice to help, and i know, i spelt believe wrong
>:) ).

Left of centre who doesn't understand how an elected democratic parliment
can ever be democratic.  Can't be put in a box unless you are either a
political expert or have a very large box and catch me asleep in a big net
or other such person catcher.

sparkes

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger