[Wolves] Out of Curiosity.... Security

Sales wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 16:26:00 2003

I wouldn't worry about the 193.38.113.34 address:
Thats the Blueyonder Abuse scanner checking to make sure you're not
running a unsecured News, ftp etc service.
Expect it up to 3-4 times a day!

Also don't waste your time on abuse@blueyonder, they said in the BY
feedback newsgroup that they receive 35,000 abuse emails a month, and
I'm still getting scans etc from BY customers I reported 3 months ago
(I'm on BY by the way)

Most attacks I seem to get picked up with my smoothwall are code red IIS
attacks, so you can ignore these too.

Oh, watch out for Snort switching itself off on a reboot, I thought it
was just mine, but someone else commented on it in Smootwall newsgroup
the other day.

Regards

Wayne Morris