[Wolves] hypothetical encryption question...

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 08:47:01 2003

>From: fizzy <fizzyorguk@yahoo.com>
>To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>Subject: [Wolves] hypothetical encryption question...
>Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:38:19 +0100 (BST)
>
>Just pondering....
>
>We all know that if you delete a file, it doesn't
>actually get deleted, just allocated to be deleted and
>bla bla bla.
>
>If you use an encrypted file system, and know the key
>for said file system, would you be able to recover
>deleted files, or not?#
Theoretically I would think so, just as you would with a normal filesystem

>Also, if you change a file, is the original file pre
>changes recoverable?

depends on how the filesystem reallicates space.  the file may have been
overwritten by the change or tmp files or whatever.

>Those are the questions going round my head this
>morning :)

What a wonderful life you lead ;-)

I currently have the question why do I get bad hayfever when it is wet and
the pollen count is low?

sparkes

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger