[Wolves] The Gimp

James Turner wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 7 12:06:01 2003

On Friday 06 Jun 2003 8:46 pm, Wayne Morris wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to make a logo created by the gimp (using
> script-fu) a transparent image (so the background shows thru)?
>
> Ta

First, create the logo as normal using script-gu. Next, right click on the
image and select "Layers, Channels and Paths" from the "Dialogs" submenu.
Depending on which logo you used, several layers should be listed, the one at
the bottom of the list typically named "Background". Click on the eye next to
this and the image background should change to a light/dark grey checkerboard
pattern (indicating transparency).  Then just save the image in your prefered
format.

James