[Wolves] konqueror opens realmedia but also blank window

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 09:28:00 2003

>From: Steve <info@a2rt.org>
>To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>Subject: [Wolves] konqueror opens realmedia but also blank window
>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:06:18 +0100
>
>hi peeps
>
>i've made a webpage with a link to a .rm file. If you left click on it , it
>does open in realplayer but
>konqueror also opens a new blank window. Then users have to go back to the
>other page. If you right click then
>you can select 'open with realplayer G2' I'd prefer it if it could be set
>up to open the rm file, but not the
>blank window. Any ideas? Same happens in Galeon. I've done a quick search ,
>but couldn't find anything

I havn't used real media file for a few years but if I remember correctly if
you link to a rm file it opens in a new window.  The window you get popping
up is the one that tried to open the media then gave up and opened the
external application.

If you embed the media file it should open right there in the page.

<embed src="http://www.a2rt.org/media.rm" height="200" width="300"
autostart="false" controls="ControlPanel" >

is the minimal tag for doing this although the full html for real files is a
lot longer containing all the junk numbers that relate to the plugin that
should be used.  If you are linking to the file I think the prefered method
for downloading and playing is .ram and not .rm

Not sure how much help this has been my konqi doesn't play any media :-( and
I can't be arsed to fix it ;-)

sparkes

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger