[Wolves] Quiz machine internet

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 14 06:24:00 2003

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> Someone at the meetings mentioned the possibility of getting Internet
> access via the line that pub quiz machines have for sharing high scores,
> etc.  Well, it looks like Intel had the same idea:
> http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1139283

I was in a pub in London yesterday (right next to Euston station, so
some of you might have been in it too) which had one of those "pay a
quid, get access to the web" machines. More interestingly, though,
there was a sticker on the door which said "pubnet: access to the net
in this pub" or some such, which might well mean that there's some kind
of organised scheme for this. That'd make posting pictures a lot easier
;-)

Aq.

--
Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads