[Wolves] Quiz machine internet

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 14 12:25:01 2003

>From: Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org>
>To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>Subject: Re: [Wolves] Quiz machine internet
>Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:24:29 +0000
>
>Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> > Someone at the meetings mentioned the possibility of getting Internet
> > access via the line that pub quiz machines have for sharing high scores,
> > etc.  Well, it looks like Intel had the same idea:
> > http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1139283

The golf machine in the pub shares high scores with the same machine in
other pubs.  The idea was attempt to crack the protocol and upload slogans
to all the local machines ;-)

>I was in a pub in London yesterday (right next to Euston station, so
>some of you might have been in it too) which had one of those "pay a
>quid, get access to the web" machines. More interestingly, though,
>there was a sticker on the door which said "pubnet: access to the net
>in this pub" or some such, which might well mean that there's some kind
>of organised scheme for this. That'd make posting pictures a lot easier
>;-)

The varsity used to have this machine not sure if it is still there.

sparkes

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059