[Wolves] kafka

stuart.beeson wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 19 16:03:00 2003

well mate you have done a good job so far and hope it gets finished :o)

Stu

z--- Original Message ---
From: Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com>
To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Wolves] kafka
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 06:53h

--- "stuart.beeson" <stuart.beeson@t-email.co.uk>
wrote:
> Cheers im going to check that out when i get home=20

:D

> maybe you could *Cough do a little more work on
> Kafka :o)

I would love to but the reason I stopped was that it
was such a technically challenging project and I had
no real idea how to attack it. I do understand the
concepts now (thanks to my work on DOM and XML) and
all that would be needed is to convert visual events
into updates to the DOM structure of the web page.
This could be reasonably done using the Qt XML
implementation. The other thing that held me back was
the sheer amount of work and other things such as my
band.

It is a project I would genuinely like to see
progress, and when I finish Uni and settle down a bit
I might go back to it and do a pure Qt version so that
it is available for Linux, Win and Mac.

Maybe this could be another LUG projects. ;)

  Jono

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/
KDE Developer - Freelancer - Musician