[Wolves] Revised LUG Project: Folding@Home

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 23:33:01 2003

Heya all,

OK, Simon has made a good point with Folding@Home. I
had heard of some distributed computing project to
help cure desieses. Folding@Home seems to be the one,
and the close of SETI would be a good marker to set up
a powerfull Wolves LUG team at Folding@Home. :D

Anyhoo...I have set up a team, and you can find it
here:

  http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=31805

I have set up the client and it asks for the team
number which is 31805. It seems a pretty decent little
client and I got it working with little trouble - just
downloaded it and ran it in a directory. I then used
nohup to get it running permenantly (like with
SETI@Home).

I will add something to the website about this also.
At least this means that our spare computing power is
helping the human race!! :D

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/