[Wolves] data removal procedures advice

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 14:26:00 2003

--- Steve <info@a2rt.org> wrote:
> hello all
>
> We have a possible donation of kit arranged, and the
> person concerned wants to know about
> procedures for removing data, and whether they get a
> certificate for this.
>
> I would like to give them a post-it note with 'fdisk
> /dev/hda' written on it, but i think that
> more may be required. hmmm.Will we need to use
> something other than the standard partition
> tools?

It seems to me that it should be just a
straightforward format of the current partitions; be
they Linux/Windows or whatever. A format will remove
*all* data. (just waiting for some smartarse to prove
me wrong and tell me that format will actually leave
your important credit card numbers on your PC for
theives).

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/