[Wolves] ircd (was: Wireless and Linux)

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon May 5 23:17:01 2003

--- fizzy <fizzyorguk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Come on, you can't use the word 'why' on a linux
> mailing list, why use linux, windows works ok.  Why
> bother making a potato run a web server and a coat
> play mp3s, because it's cool!

I agree. Most Linux stuff is completely random and
useless. Linux is all about setting up servers and
stuff like that. :D

> I wouldn't say that the IRCD would be a potential
> major security risk; it runs on a post 1024 port and
> could be easily chrooted.
>
> It gives us our own server, something to do - a
> challenge, the ability to look cool with o lines,
> and
> more importantly, it doesn't have lilo!
>
> I'm happy to flow with the majority and use
> freenode,
> but personally I think it's a shit network run by a
> twat.

Why is lilo such a twat? I have known him before and
he has been fine, and freenode seems cool to me.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/
KDE Developer - Freelancer - Musician