[Wolves] Linux woes

Matthew Revell wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 6 13:03:01 2003

I'm redownloading Debian in the b/g ... the ISO I'd Jigdoed last week is
sitting on my laptop in Hull. Hope to install it this afternoon ... ah,
the joys of being an unemployed bum.

I've played around with Mandrake before and I remembered liking one or
two things about it but in general it felt like it had been put together
with string. I've tried quite a few distros: RH8.0 and 9, SuSe 7.3,
Lycoris, Mandrake 9.1, Gentoo (sort of) ... so hopefully I'll settle
with Debian.

I suppose the main thing I'm noticing about Linux is that Windows has
made me lazy but in a good way. Okay, it's fun to hack around for ages
until something works - well, sometimes - but I'd really rather things
just worked without the heartache :)