[Wolves] Advice on ADSL router please

Jayne Heger wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 7 10:13:01 2003

Hiya,

I, along with the A2RT guys have almost pulled out our hair in trying to get a
Zoom Model 5560 x3 ethernet ADSL modem working with Mandrake 9.0. I cannot
believe we couldn't do it. ;/

Basically what happens is this
the modem is connected up correctly, we access it via the router control
panel, i.,e
http://10.0.0.2, we type in the necessary configuration settings like
, username and password etc.... click save, then save to flash which reboots
the modem, and it crashes, i.e we cannot access the router control panel at
all, we cannot even ping it, it says destination host unreachable when we
try.
So all we can so is do a hard reset of the modem and the problems start again.

As an aside we did try it on another operating system and exactly the same
thing happened with the supplied CD for this OS. Can't remember the name of
this OS, some mediocore thing ;)

has anyone got any ideas aside from throwing the modem under the nearest bus.

Jayne