[Wolves] sh: awstats.pl: command not found

Matthew Revell wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon May 12 13:00:01 2003

Hello,

I've just spent the morning trying to setup AWStats
(http://awstats.sourceforge.net/) as an alternative to Webalizer, for my
website stats.

I've come across an odd problem: AWStats has a Perl script -
awstats_buildstaticpages.pl - which can be used to build all of the HTML
stats pages. If I use this script, the resulting HTML pages all say:

sh: awstats.pl: command not found

However, if I build each stats page invidiually, using awstats.pl,
there's no prob.

Does anyone have any experience with AWStats? Otherwise, does anyone
have enough Perl experience to be able to say if I've done something
obviously wrong? Of course, you need more info but I'm not sure what to
give.

The only thought I'd have is that awstats_buildstaticpages.pl script
isn't putting "perl" before the name of the script that it's calling.

Any help really appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt.