[Wolves] What can I run on this machine?

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 00:58:01 2003

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Jono Bacon wrote:
>
>>  - You are gonna be best off compiling a kernel for
>> this machine to squeeze more power out of it.
>
> Does anyone have any evidence to support this?

I've found, on slow machines, that it's worthwhile compiling a kernel, but
only really because of the stuff you can leave out; default distribution
kernels have a lot fo stuff compiled in. However, it was a while ago I
discovered this, and most of the kernels are probably modular now, which might
alleviate the problem.

Aq.

--
"Out of the frying pan and into the very same, identical frying-pan.
 Smegging great."