[Wolves] Out of Curiosity.... Security

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 16 09:56:01 2003

>From: "leo sandhu" <leosandhu@hotmail.com>
>
>On a positive note.... lol...... someone seems to be using my server to
>launch internet attacks.   To my dodgy eye I think this hacker may have
>left a trail home.   Is there anything I can do to screw the git?

tell his or her parents ;-)

just inform the relevent authorities, abuse@crackerisp CC'ing abuse at your
isp.  mention in passing that a quick resolution would suit all parties and
that your solicitor is waiting in the wings.  Supply your logs that point to
the culprit and you should get satisfaction.

or alternativly charm a home address out of his isp and make a midnight
visit.  don't commit a crime to get them but if you don't care they tend to
give out such infomation to the police without a warrent to save on the
hassle of paperwork ;-)

sparkes

PS get that dodgy eye sorted out on the NHS

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059