[Wolves] Kernel from another distribution

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon May 19 16:22:01 2003

In addition to what James said, I think I will
reiterate something I heard either on this list or in
a Linux mag that Red Hat tend to patch their kernels
to high heaven and their distibutions tend to be
tailored to run on top of them, so consequently you
may get some unual behaviour and things stop working
as a result of using a non RH kernel. That said, I
personally cannot confirm this and by simply adding
your new kernel as a lilo option you will at least be
able to boot into the original kernel anyway.
Good luck all the same.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk