[Wolves] short meet report

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat May 31 16:01:01 2003

--- Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org> wrote:
> These are, I think, the three main reasons why I use
> Linux. I'm open to
> suggestions from others :)

Python? Apt? I am sure there are more reasons Aq...I
certainly have a big list. :D

I think the question you really need to ask is what do
you want to use the laptop for? If you want it is a
desktop machine (which may be the case as you run 2K),
your software requirements are obviously going to be
different.

I use Linux because of (and yes I know some of these
are available for other OS's):

 - LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)
 - Apt
 - Quanta
 - OpenOffice.org
 - Blender
 - Source availability
 - Political and social reasons

I think most of us probably fall into the same boat as
far as political reasons and then have our own fave
bits of software. Thats what I like about Linux; it
promotes the concept of "Each to his/her own".

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Web Developer - Musician - Writer - Freelancer