[Wolves] Pie Factory trip

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue Nov 4 09:46:50 GMT 2003

fizzy spoo'd forth:
> --- Aquarius <aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org> wrote:
>> That would be "pedantry". :)
> That /should/ be "pedantry"?

Yes, if I were deliberately correcting. Use of "should" there would
carry rather too didactic an overtone; I was making a humorous remark
and incidentally a correction, not dictating an order. "That should be
'pedantry'" would be more appropriate if I were an English teacher
marking posts here for style and grammar. On the other hand, any
English teacher reviewing posts to the LUG mailing list would have long
since jumped out of a window, so I'll leave it as "would". :-)

Aq.

--
"Out of the frying pan and into the very same, identical frying-pan.
 Smegging great."