[Wolves] modems

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 09:34:19 GMT 2003

 --- david <nux at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> i have 7 winmodems at home in the cupboard,
> not one of them worked with linux
> so i ended up buying a zoom external serial 56k
> modem
> it works straight out of the box with every version
> of linux i've tried
> slackware9, redhat 7.3/8/9/ phat linux/ mdk 9.x

As Nux says, for most people the easiest (and most
likely to succeed) is to buy an external serial modem
a you would be hard pressed to find one that doesn't
work. It was certainly my route. If you get your modem
sorted, the next thing you probably want is kppp i
you're using KDE, though Mandrake probably has it's
own dialup tool.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk