[Wolves] Dan and James

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 11:59:04 BST 2003

 --- david <nux at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >
> THis LUG you have going. Is there anyone in the
> group who uses Linux cus
> they like it, rather than
> because they can program in 10 languages?
> I'm no programmer nor network engineer.
> I just like Linux!
> I'm gonna look like a caveman compared to most of
> you.
>
> nux

I think everybody here uses Linux because they like
it. Some of the newer ones amongst us maybe haven't
had the chance to decide, but have got involved
because they have a social conscience or just want to
get away from the Microsoft lock in. Others just use
Linux because it suits their needs more than anything
else.

It is a misapprehension that everyone that uses Linux
is a beardy hacker type that lives to spend sleepless
days coding. There are people like that, but they are
you will rarely find them in a LUG (certainly not this
one anyway).

Despite the general perception of Linux people, we are
all normal people (except for Aq) that use computers
for work or a hobby and use Linux because it fits into
one of the previously mentioned catagories. I'm
certainly no programmer by any stretch of the
imagination.

Beware: such statements may be considered inflammatory
and will get you a roasting in some quarters. Most
Linux users are just like you.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk