[Wolves] reply

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Oct 15 09:22:51 BST 2003

Ron Wellsted wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 5:50 pm, Old Dan wrote:
>>Aquarius wrote:
>>>Old Dan spoo'd forth:

>>>Hey, mutt doesn't seem to do it. Fuck a bunch of XUL, I say ;)
>>
>>Bite me.  :)
>>That isn't the problem, anyway - if you'd care to look, my Reply-To is
>>different to the From line also.  I can't see what the difference in the
>>headers *is*, to be honest.
>>I must be blind.
>
> Weird.
> Dan's message has:
>
> Aq's:
>  Wolverhampton Linux User Group <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>
> Mine:
>  Wolverhampton Linux User Group <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>
> This is where the problem is comming from,  the MUAs are just obeying the
> rules.
>
> Maybe the problem is mailman adding to the "Reply-To: " instead of replacing
> it?
That doesn't even show up in Tbird so I guess in that respect it /is/
lame...

So you're saying that the problem is with mailman being ::cough:: iffy?

...and Mutt being 14m3 and not following the rules properly with
reply-to fields (and so allowing the authors not to notice they've
screwed up? :P )

--
Dan