[Wolves] Am I missing something here....

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Oct 29 09:07:08 GMT 2003

Aquarius wrote:
> Old Dan spoo'd forth:
>
>>Or is the configuration structure of Exim4 just plain weird?
>>Bloody gazillions of <seperate> config files, all containing bits of the
>>'normal' config file, with a utility to tie them together.
>>Stuff this, I'm off to Postfix!
>
> [ aquarius at giles ] ~ $ cat /etc/debian_version
> testing/unstable
> [ aquarius at giles ] ~ $ /usr/sbin/exim -bV
> Exim version 3.36 #1 built 12-Mar-2003 20:59:47
> Run 3.36 :)

But 3.36 is /old/.  It is what I was running before, though, admittedly
  without problem.  I suppose if it wasn't broke....

I /have/ transferred to Postfix, which worked off the bat without issue
- one config file change was required to tell it to talk to cyrus and
that was it. If that config files mess is what would be in store if I
stuck with exim, I want no truck with it - it seems to be up it's own
undocumented ar5e, frankly.  (Again, with the caveat that I may be
missing something bleeding obvious which makes all this stuff useful)

--
Dan