[Wolves] Floppy discs

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 15:38:01 2003

Old Dan spoo'd forth:
>> Oo! http://supermount-ng.sourceforge.net/
>> OTOH, it's a bleedin' kernel patch, and that machine isn't running a
>> custom kernel; it's running a stock distro kernel installed through
>> apt. Damn. I hate compiling kernels.
>
> As long as you're running kernel 2.4.19, 2.4.20 or 2.4.21, ...
>
> Apt installing kernel-patch-2.4-supermount-ng should do you quite
> nicely, methinks...

Yeah, but I still have to compile the kernel, and I really don't wanna.
One of the main reasons is that I don't know how to say "configure this
newly downloaded kernel source with the options that my currently
running kernel has", so that downloading a new kernel, compiling it,
and running it, will change nothing at all.

Aq.

--
A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps,
snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana