[Wolves] activists linux...

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 21:19:00 2003

 --- Lee Jordan <leej80@hotmail.com> wrote: >
> I know many network or IT support
> staff in education situations know what Linux is and
> know all about windows
> being so leaky but their job is to look after NT
> servers and machines, like
> many of us we are enslaved to Windows at work.

I have to agree here. The place I work at, the IT
techs spend so much time just doing their jobs that
it's easier to just go with what they know than spend
a lot of time learning something completely new, even
though it may save time, money and effort in the long
run. Though in my example, I'm not sure if they know
that much about Linux. The computing teachers are
setting up their own Linux area and want me to help (I
may in fact be the most experienced of the lot of
them), so it will be interesting to see how much
mileage can be had and how many examples can be shown
to the IT techs.

I have tried broaching the subject and leaving Linux
books and magazines around but they don't seem
interested.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk