[Wolves] rimming Peter Oliver.

Chris Owen wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 11:41:01 2003

And that was my other reason...!!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Procter [mailto:Chris@foxonline.co.uk]=20
Sent: 18 September 2003 11:35
To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: RE: [Wolves] rimming Peter Oliver.

I manned the SBLug stand at the linux expo at the NEC and met several
people
who were lurkers on the lug lists, the main reason seemed to be that
people
weren't sure what they were letting themselves in for by going to meet,
fearing a bunch of weirdy-beardie hackers with no social skills who
spend an
evening drinking real ale, talking about the esoteric aspects of kernel
hacking in monotone voices and telling newbies to RTFM in their most
patronising tone.=20

Ok thats an exageration, but it is quite daunting to go to a meeting for
the
first time with people you don't know, about a subject you know
relativly
little about in a location you've never been to, after spending a hard
day
at work. Once you've met some of the people involved, or have been to a
meeting or whatever its a lot less intimidating but getting over that
initial hurdle is the problem.

Just my assessment.

chris (no not Owen, the other one)