[Wolves] Freeserve port 25

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 15:42:00 2003

---- Original Message -----
From: "Old Dan" <dan@dannyboy.dnsalias.org>
To: <wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk>

> D'oh.
>
> But I *am* connecting to my own machine, because when I connect to it
> from here I get:

Where is *here*  ? Are you connecting from another freeserve IP?

> 220 debian.dannyboy.dnsalias.org ESMTP Exim 3.36 #1 Thu, 18 Sep 2003
> 15:45:24 +0100
>
> ...which isn't them, right?  Or are they doing that 'MX ha ha fooled ya'
> trick I have alcohol-ridden vague memories of?
>
> /me is considering switching ISPs as we speak...

I can connect to debian.dannyboy.dnsalias.org on port 25 ok a traceroute
revealed you where at

user-1958.bbd11tcl.dsl.pol.co.uk

If you are looking to move DSL providers you should go for one that gives
fixed IP and blocks no ports. Like my employer :-)

Regards

jon